Available to a parent, guardian and unmarried children and grandchildren under 25 years of age.
Available to any person who is eighteen (18) years of age or over.
U.S./World Championships Competitor
Available to all skaters competing in the U.S. Figure Skating Championships. For skaters qualifying for the first time, this membership is available at the start of the following season, and through the end of the season of their last competition in the event. For synchronized skating teams, members must be a junior or senior World Team member to qualify for this category of membership. If the skater is under the age of 18 years, a parent/guardian must sign on behalf of the skater and guarantee all required payments. Members under this category may be required to represent the Club in competition and participate in Ice Chips.
Available to an individual who wishes to participate in either the synchronized skating or the theatre on ice program of the Club. This class of membership gives the privileges of the use of the Club facilities, but with skating privileges limited to those sessions specifically designated for the member’s team. This class of membership does not include voting privileges or participation in Ice Chips except as a member of a team. Such members are not subject to assessments, but do have an obligation to in-facility dining and purchase of Ice Chips tickets. Team members must pay their dues by July 1st, but shall have the right to resign by a proper letter received on or before November 1st, without penalty and with the right to receive a refund of the dues paid.
Available to all U.S. Figure Skating appointed test and competition officials. These would include judges, referees, technical specialists, accountants, and music staff. Officials members are exempt from dues and assessments and shall enjoy all the privileges of the Club including skating and voting at meetings of the membership. Officials members are required to represent the Club, and to volunteer at a minimum number of (1) test session or (1) competition each fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
Provided for by Section 3.2(a) (iii) of the By-Laws and is awarded by a unanimous vote of the Board of Directors to any person deemed worthy of such membership. Honorary members are exempt from dues and assessments and shall enjoy all the privileges of the Club including skating and voting at meetings of the membership.
Available to skaters and the families of skaters who are actively participating in a U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills program. Such members are exempt from assessments and have no obligation for in-facility dining, but do have an obligation to purchase Ice Chips tickets. This class of membership may be held for no longer than a 12-month period, and membership will therefore automatically be terminated on the one year anniversary of the member’s date of entrance to the Club, unless the member has converted to another class of membership prior to that date.
Friends of the Club Membership
A class of membership designed to engage the local skating community of former Club members, competitors, and skating enthusiasts. Members under this class may attend Club exhibitions and send-offs, receive member rates for Ice Chips tickets and Club dinners, and are invited to an annual on-ice appreciation event hosted by the Club. This membership may cover one adult or one couple, no more than two people may share this membership. The total proceeds from this membership class will help support the 2016 World Championships endowment and/or other skater scholarships. Benefits Include: - Free public skating at Club’s home facility - Opportunity to purchase member dinners - Opportunity to volunteer at Club special events and competitions - Member pricing for Ice Chips tickets - 50% discount on dinner registration for the U.S. Figure Skating Championships Send-Off - Invitations to Club special events - 100% of proceeds to support skater scholarships
(1) Individuals over the age of 25 may no longer participate in a family membership, and must obtain their own membership.
(2) Single members must be at least 18 years of age.
(3) For skaters competing in the U.S. Figure Skating Championships for the first time, this membership is available the start of the following season, and through the end of the season of their last competition in the event. For synchronized skating teams,member must be a junior or senior World Team member to qualify for this category of membership. If skater is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign on behalf of the skater and guarantee all payments. May require Club representation in competition and participation in Ice Chips.
(4) Team members must represent The Skating Club of Boston in competition.
(5) Requires Club representation. A full listing of benefits and requirements for the Officials membership is available in the Club office.
(6) This package allows for either one adult or one couple, no more than two people may share this membership. These dues will go directly to support competitive skater scholarships as outlined in the World Championships Scholarship Fund, and are not included in Club operations revenue. A full listing of benefits for the Friends of the Club membership is available in the Club office.
(7) Not Currently Applicable (NCA) / Current member assessment of $20/month to be cancelled as of June 30, 2020.
(8) Members may use their annual in-facility dining credits for member dinners, The 1240 Café and prepared meals-to-go. Does not apply to food and beverage from event concessions.
(9) Ice Chips tickets to be priced at $30/ticket for members.
(10) Use of the off-ice strength and dance center within the Marilyn E. Kasputys Branch of the Micheli Center for Injury Prevention is optional, and available for $20/month per person. Club membership required. Full details available in the Club office.
(11) The Club will pay the cost of a primary member’s U.S. Figure Skating membership fee, currently at $60/year, if representing the Club. Family members will be charged the cost of the family’s subsequent U.S. Figure Skating membership fees. Fees for collegiate memberships are not included in a Club membership.
(12) Eligible members must represent The Skating Club of Boston.
(13) Eligible members must represent The Skating Club of Boston to qualify for any level of solo in the show, unless invited as a special guest.
(14) Participation as a member of a team is permitted, subject to an invitation to participate.
(15) At the end of the season, the member’s Club Account will be billed for any unused dining obligations and for any unpurchased Ice Chips tickets.
(16) Skaters participating in a team discipline are eligible for team, family and single memberships.
(17) All members must be at least 18 years of age to vote in a Club election, regardless of membership category.