The Skating Club of Boston cordially invites Club members to attend the premiere of the movie, ‘Rise’ on Thursday, February 17, 2011. We are deeply respectful of the legacy left behind by the brilliant and talented lives lost, as well as the personal impact of the tragedy on our members. The loss of ten of our own members in the terrible plane crash is ever painful, especially for those of us who knew and loved them personally. The vibrancy of their spirits has lived on through loving stewardship from all who studied under them, who trained with them, and who have been passionately committed to teaching subsequent generations of skaters. Each and every one our current members, from the tiniest Basic Skills child to our national and international champions represents the legacy of that stewardship. The premiere of ‘Rise’ is an opportunity for club members to share and reflect together upon a significant moment in club history, as well as a watershed in American skating.
Please join us for an evening which promises to be a moving tribute to the lives whose contribution to our beloved sport has inspired us all.
Date: Thursday, February 17, 2011
Time: 8 pm
Location: Fenway Stadium 13 Regal Cinema
201 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
Pre-purchase tickets now online at: www.rise1961.com. Choose the box “Find A Theater Near You” and enter the zip code 02215. You will be directed to the ticket purchase window. Theater seating is limited to 200. Please purchase your tickets as soon as possible.
There is ample onsite parking. The theater will validate parking $4.00 for two hours.
A 7p.m. dessert reception before the 8p.m. movie showing will be held at the Longhorn Restaurant next door to the theater. The choices for the reception are as follows, and reservations are required, which can be placed by clicking here.
- Chocolate Stampede: Great for sharing! Moist peaks of chocolate cake layered with six types of chocolate and served with vanilla bean ice cream. $6.99
- Mountain Top Cheesecake: New York Style cheesecake with strawberries and whipped cream. $5.99
- Ultimate Brownie Sundae: A Ghirardelli chocolate brownie served warm and topped with hot fudge and vanilla bean ice cream. $5.79
- Caramel Apple Goldrush: Apples tossed with cinnamon, butter and brown sugar baked in a golden pastry shell. Served warm with vanilla bean ice cream and maker’s Mark bourbon-caramel sauce. $6.99.
Please Note: Coffee, tea, and soft drinks $2.29, and menu choices will be payable to Longhorn Restaurant at the end of the reception.
We look forward to seeing everyone there!
– The Skating Club of Boston