At the core of The Skating Club of Boston® are its members. Club members are both fans and participants of figure skating, and enjoy the very best the Club’s facility and team of professionals have to offer.
Whether you are new to the sport, a young skater looking to fine-tune your skills, or serious competitor with Olympic aspirations, the Club’s team of professionals will give you the instruction and support your need to be the best skater you want to be. No other skating club in the New England area offers all that The Skating Club of Boston offers for all your skating interests. Whether your passion is singles, pairs, dance, Theater On Ice or synchronized skating, The Skating Club of Boston is the place to best serve your needs.
Club members enjoy favorable ice rates, access to peak-demand ice times, off-ice training facilities, specialty seminars, access to the best coaches in New England, member-only dinners, inclusion in Club-produced shows and competitions, and the opportunity to volunteer and get involved with some of the largest and most important events that U.S. Figure Skating has to offer.
(1) Individuals over the age of 25 may no longer participate in a family membership, and must obtain their own membership.
(2) Single members must be at least 18 years of age.
(3) For skaters competing in the U.S. Figure Skating Championships for the first time, this membership is available the start of the following season, and through the end of the season of their last competition in the event. For synchronized skating teams,member must be a junior or senior World Team member to qualify for this category of membership. If skater is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign on behalf of the skater and guarantee all payments. May require Club representation in competition and participation in Ice Chips.
(4) Team members must represent The Skating Club of Boston in competition.
(5) Requires Club representation. A full listing of benefits and requirements for the Officials membership is available in the Club office.
(6) This package allows for either one adult or one couple, no more than two people may share this membership. These dues will go directly to support competitive skater scholarships as outlined in the World Championships Scholarship Fund, and are not included in Club operations revenue. A full listing of benefits for the Friends of the Club membership is available in the Club office.
(7) Not Currently Applicable (NCA) / Current member assessment of $20/month to be cancelled as of June 30, 2020.
(8) Members may use their annual in-facility dining credits for member dinners, The 1240 Café and prepared meals-to-go. Does not apply to food and beverage from event concessions.
(9) Ice Chips tickets planned pricing at $30/ticket for members, with final pricing dependent on the special guest star secured for that year.
(10) Use of the off-ice strength and dance center within the Marilyn P. Kasputys Branch of the Micheli Center for Injury Prevention is optional, and available for $20/month per person. Club membership required. Full details available in the Club office.
(11) The Club will charge the cost of all U.S. Figure Skating membership fees to the member’s Club account with the exception of those with an Officials membership.
(12) Eligible members must represent The Skating Club of Boston.
(13) Eligible members must represent The Skating Club of Boston to qualify for any level of solo in the show, unless invited as a special guest.
(14) Participation as a member of a team is permitted, subject to an invitation to participate.
(15) At the end of the season, the member’s Club Account will be billed for any unused dining obligations and for any unpurchased Ice Chips tickets.
(16) Skaters participating in a team discipline are eligible for team, family and single memberships.
(17) All members must be at least 18 years of age to vote in a Club election, regardless of membership category.