The Skating Club of Boston is committed to protecting the security and privacy of your personal data. We will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number, or email address) unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it. When you do provide us with personal data, we will use it to respond to your inquiry or application. We do not sell or market your personal data to third parties.
When you access our Website, we may automatically collect non-personal data including the domain name of the Website from which you visited, number of visits, average time spent on the site, or pages viewed. We may use this data to monitor the effectiveness of our Website and improve its content or performance.
The Skating Club of Boston website contains links to other Websites. The Skating Club of Boston is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other Websites.
If you have any questions about The Skating Club of Boston Website, please use the “Contact Us” feature of our site to contact us directly. We will make every effort to respond to your inquiries in a timely fashion.
Changes to this policy will be posted to this page. If privacy issues are of concern to you or your organization, please check this page periodically for updates to our privacy policies.
Financial Security Policy
The Skating Club of Boston does not collect, store, or maintain any personal financial information such as credit card and bank account information, social security numbers, or driver’s licenses. Some of our third party affiliates that accept credit cards as payments such as Activenet, Salsa, and Square have an ecryption capability that protects your sensitive financial information. We review these companies’ policies periodically to make sure they are following best practice to protect your information and prevent cyberattacks.
Photo and Video Policy
Individuals may be filmed, videotaped, and/or photographed by an employee or contract photographer at an event, competition, or learn to skate session managed by The Skating Club of Boston. If you are uncomfortable being photographed by a staff member or contract photographer, you may ask to not be photographed.
We expect all photographers to respect the wishes of our members, clients, competitors, skaters, and families.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like an image removed from one of our online platforms.
Limitations on Activity, Unauthorized Use and Distribution
The following Photo and Video Policy of The Skating Club of Boston is adapted from U.S. Figure Skating. It has been adopted for the safety of all skaters appearing in Club events, and for the enjoyment of all spectators in attendance.
- No video recording of any kind is allowed during any portion of the event. This includes recording on phones, tablets and all other devices with video recording capabilities.
- Personal photography is allowed from spectator seating areas so as not to interfere with nor disrupt [i] any portion of the event; [ii] event participants and their performance; [iii] the intended use of public areas; [iv] and/or the viewing ability and enjoyment of others in the audience.
- All photos taken during the event are for personal use only.
- Flash photography is not allowed at any time. It is a serious hazard to the skaters and does not improve the quality of photos in a darkened arena.
- The following equipment is prohibited because of its interference with the enjoyment of other spectators in the arena:
- Telephoto lenses greater than 6 inches or 200mm
- The unauthorized commercial use, sale or third party distribution of photos and videos from the event is strictly prohibited without prior written consent from the management of The Skating Club of Boston.
- Violators of any photo or video policy will be subject to immediate revocation of the seating license and removal from the event with no refund of purchase price.
- Violators may be held liable for any damages or injuries caused by violation off this policy.