2020 Boston Open
September 24 – 27, 2020
& October 10, 2020
750 University Avenue, Norwood MA
Competition Registration Deadline: September 11, 2020
Registration is Closed
For information about the competition, please email the Club’s Events team at email@example.com. Volunteer information can be found below.
The Boston Open is an annual figure skating competition hosted by The Skating Club of Boston® since 1976. As the last large competition in the northeast, the Boston Open is the perfect stop for skaters to improve their skating programs before the U.S. Figure Skating qualifying season begins.
The competition is held every September at The Skating Club of Boston facility and offers on-site physical trainers, local practice ice, on-site parking and café, and ample seating for friends and family.
(*See Health and Safety Statement below)
- Practice Ice will be available on Friday evening, October 9th, 7:00-9:00 pm in the West Rink, and then 10:50-11:50 am on Saturday, in the Performance Center. A detailed practice schedule is available on EMS.
- Those that pre-purchased credits may schedule their ice starting October 2nd, at 12:00pm EST. The deadline to select your sessions with pre-purchased credits is Monday, October 5th, at 11:59pm EST.
- Open Sales will begin at 9:00am EST on Tuesday, October 6th. At this time, anyone that did not pre-purchase practice ice credits may purchase and schedule practice ice sessions.
- The number of skaters allowed per practice session will be limited to 15 on the West Rink (Friday) and 20 on the Performance Center (Saturday).
- The Competition Schedule is being completed by the Chief Referee and will be uploaded to EMS as soon as possible. The competition will start at approximately 1:00pm. The well balanced and Excel events will be at the beginning, with Showcase and Adult events at the end.
- All competitions will take place on the Performance Center, which is an Olympic-sized sheet of ice without hockey lines.
- The chaperone policy is under review but as of 10/2, in an effort to ensure everyone’s health and safety, only ONE chaperone per skater will be allowed in the building during the scheduled time. A detailed event schedule with entrance and exit timing will be posted as soon as possible.
- Officials: Park in the front of the building, parallel to the front of the front entrance.
- Staff, Volunteers, Participants, Chaperones, and Coaches: Park on the side of the building in either the east or west parking lots.
- Pre-Event Skater & Coach Zoom Call
- Event Operations and Safety Plan
- Facility Floor Plans – Ground Level | Mezzanine Level
- Face coverings will be required for entry to The Skating Club of Boston. Face coverings are required for all skaters except when they are competing. Face coverings are required for practice ice, on-ice and off-ice warmup, and required for everyone else in the building, at all times.
- Locker Room/Changing Policies: In order to reduce risk, no locker rooms will be open during the 2020 Boston Open. Skaters are asked to come dressed for practice ice and competition. Chairs will be made available for skate tying and will be numbered (for competition, based on skate order).
- The 2020 Boston Open will be live-streamed on the Vision Photo & Video page: https://www.facebook.com/visionphotovideollc/. Due to music copyright restrictions, there will be no sound during the livestream, however each skater will be emailed a digital download of their performance about two weeks following the competition.
2020 Boston Open – October
- Due to overwhelming interest in the 2020 Boston Open, the competition will be extended an additional day to accommodate all registered competitors. The 2020 Boston Open – October will be held on Saturday, October 10, 2020. A list of events can be found here.
- An event schedule will be released the week of September 28th
- If you pre-purchased practice ice credits with your registration, and your event has been moved to Boston Open – October, your practice ice credits WILL TRANSFER and practice ice selection dates will be communicated once a schedule is finalized.
- If your event has been moved to Boston Open – October and you are unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund before noon on Monday, September 28, 2020.
Preferred Event Hotels
64 University Ave
Westwood, MA 02090
Booking Deadline: September 30, 2020
Norwood, MA 02062
Click here for special rates – October Event
Booking Deadline: September 28, 2020