2020 Boston Open
September 24 – 27, 2020
& October 10, 2020
750 University Avenue, Norwood MA
Competition Registration Deadline: September 11, 2020
Registration is Closed
For information about the competition, please email the Club’s Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer information can be found below.
The Boston Open is an annual figure skating competition hosted by The Skating Club of Boston® since 1976. As the last large competition in the northeast, the Boston Open is the perfect stop for skaters to improve their skating programs before the U.S. Figure Skating qualifying season begins.
The competition is held every September at The Skating Club of Boston facility and offers on-site physical trainers, local practice ice, on-site parking and café, and ample seating for friends and family.
(*See Health and Safety Statement below)
- Detailed Practice Ice Schedule
- Pre-Purchase for practice ice credits is open until 11:59PM ET on Saturday, September 12 through Member’s Only on EMS.
- Practice Ice Selection, for those that have purchased credits, will be open from September 18 at 12:00PM ET to September 21 at 11:59PM ET.
- The number of skaters allowed per practice session will be limited to 15 on the East Rink and 20 on the Performance Center.
- For those that would like to purchase additional practice ice sessions may do so during Open Sales from September 23 at 9:00AM ET until the end of the event.
- Officials: Park in the front of the building
- Participants, Chaperones, and Coaches: West side parking lot (1st entrance coming from Rt. 1, 2nd entrance from I-95)
- Staff and Volunteers: Park at 720 University Avenue (to the east of the building) and walk across the parking lot to the facility
- Pre-Event Skater & Coach Zoom Call
- Event Operations and Safety Plan
- Facility Floor Plans – Ground Level | Mezzanine Level
- Face coverings will be required for entry to The Skating Club of Boston. Face coverings are required for all skaters except when they are competing. Face coverings are required for practice ice, on-ice and off-ice warmup, and required for everyone else in the building, at all times.
- Locker Room/Changing Policies: In order to reduce risk, no locker rooms will be open during the 2020 Boston Open. Skaters are asked to come dressed for practice ice and competition. Chairs will be made available for skate tying and will be numbered (for competition, based on skate order).
- The 2020 Boston Open will be live-streamed on the Vision Photo & Video page: https://www.facebook.com/visionphotovideollc/. Due to music copyright restrictions, there will be no sound during the livestream, however each skater will be emailed a digital download of their performance about two weeks following the competition.
- Coaches, Competitors and Chaperones (Sept./Oct.): Join the event organizers for a ‘Know-Before-You-Go’ pre-event call on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m., to review the Event Operations and Safety Plan. All participants are expected to familiarize themselves with the necessary protocols in advance of the competition.
2020 Boston Open – October
- Due to overwhelming interest in the 2020 Boston Open, the competition will be extended an additional day to accommodate all registered competitors. The 2020 Boston Open – October will be held on Saturday, October 10, 2020. A list of events can be found here.
- An event schedule will be released the week of September 28th
- If you pre-purchased practice ice credits with your registration, and your event has been moved to Boston Open – October, your practice ice credits WILL TRANSER and practice ice selection dates will be communicated once a schedule is finalized.
- If your event has been moved to Boston Open – October and you are unable to attend, please email email@example.com to request a refund before noon on Monday, September 28, 2020.
FREE Pre-Competition Stretch Class with Mara Smith MS ATC CSCS
6:00p-6:50p All Levels
100 participants only… Sign up now at Precisionat.com/skaterfitness
Don’t stress out; STRETCH OUT! Skaters competing at the Boston Open will enjoy and benefit from this free 50 minute stretching class geared at gently increasing and maintaining flexibility. Class will incorporate a short dynamic stretching warm-up, a simple yoga-like flow and static stretching with lots of positive vibes & breathing techniques. We will end with a stress-relieving relaxation exercise which will leave participants feeling refreshed and ready for success.
Please wear something that you can move around in. No equipment necessary, however yoga mat is recommended if you have a hard floor.
Preferred Event Hotels
64 University Ave
Westwood, MA 02090
Click here for special rates – September Event
Booking Deadline: September 30, 2020