A guest coach is any coach that is not considered a Part-time or Full-time Staff coach at The Skating Club of Boston. Guest coaches must be fully compliant with U.S. Figure Skating and be able to provide The Skating Club of Boston with the appropriate paperwork outlined below. Guest coaches will be required to follow all coach and Club rules and procedures while coaching at the Club.
Coaches Rules (PDF)
Club Rules (PDF)
Required Paperwork for Guest Coaches
All guest coaches are required to provide their current coaching compliance documents to the Club office and must check-in and pay the guest coach’s fee(s) before taking the ice.
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- Copy of PSA Membership Card
- Copy of U.S. Figure Skating Compliance Card
Schedule of Available Sessions
Guest coaches may coach on any session that is also available to skaters who are non-members. Guest coaches are not permitted to coach on member-only sessions (sessions with a red background on the ice schedules) or public skating sessions.
Guest coaches are required to pay a coaching fee that varies depending on the length of each session they are teaching on.
- 30-50 minutes session: $15.00
- 60-80 minutes session: $20.00
Please note that half-session rates are not permitted.
Guest Coach Rules
- Guest coaches are not permitted to teach during member-only sessions, regardless of the membership of their students.
- Guest coaches may not use the harnesses (pole or stationary) or the electric spinner.
- Guest coaches are not permitted access to the Coaches’ Lounge.
- Guest Coaches are responsible for reading and adhering to the Club safety rules as well as on-ice etiquette.
Questions on Music
For questions on playing a visiting skater’s music during a session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.