- This event has passed.
Figures Workshop: Find Your Edge and Sharpen Your Skills
August 28 @ 2:00 pm - 6:20 pm
The Skating Club of Boston invites you to the upcoming figures workshop, Find Your Edge and Sharpen Your Skills. Register today and learn how figures and proper edge development assist in injury prevention. Hear from nationally and internationally acclaimed guest coach Diane Miller, 1956 Olympic champion Dr. Tenley E. Albright, Club coaches, and experts from The Micheli Center for Sports Injury Prevention: Dr. Lyle Micheli, Dr. Ellen Geminani, and Heather Southwick, PT.
Those who want to participate as a walk-in are also welcome to attend!
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM | Panel Discussion
3:30 PM – 4:20 PM | How to Skate a Figure: Skating a Figure 8, Circles and Serpentines
4:20 PM – 4:35 PM | Ice Make
4:35 PM – 5:20 PM | Next Steps: Turns, Loops, Counters, and Rockers
5:35 PM – 6:20 PM | Figure It Out for Yourself: Make Your Own Figure!
About Diane Miller
Diane G Miller is a Master Rated National and International Figure Skating Coach, holding a Master Rating in Freestyle, Figures, Sports Science and Moves in the Field.
* 2015 U.S. Figure Skating/PSA “Pieter Kollen” Sport Science Coach of the Year
* 47 years coaching experience
* International and National Coach
* World Team Alternate
* 9 time National and International Competitor
* PSA Level V Ranking
* PSA Conference & Seminar speaker, USOC Speaker
* Professional Skaters Association Honorary Member
* Chair and Service on Several United States Figure Skating Association
* United States Olympic Committee Chair Resident Figure Skating Program
Diane presently resides in Phoenix, Arizona where she continues to coach and present at seminars around the country.
Registration for Member Programs, Dinners and Events is limited to members of The Skating Club of Boston. Seminars and Public Programs are open to the figure skating community.
Current and future member events and public programs are listed on the following pages. Please continue to check back for updates and new events.