With COVID-19 still very much a factor in all our daily lives, I thought it worthwhile to write with a reminder of our current safety policies at the Club. As always, we are each our own best defense against getting infected and stopping the spread of infection to others. Wear at least a single mask at all times, and a double mask if you can. As always, if you have any questions that are not answered in the below refresher, please contact the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer, Cheri Rigby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quarantine and Isolation Policies
- At present, The Skating Club of Boston remains aligned with the isolation and quarantine guidance as outlined by the CDC and the Massachusetts Department of Health. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, must isolate for 5 days at home, away from others. If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can return to the Club on Day 6. If you have a fever, please continue to isolate until your temperature returns to normal.
- Anyone determined to be a close contact of an individual who has been infected, at the Club or elsewhere, should determine their quarantine protocol based on their vaccination status:
- If you have been boosted, or completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 5 months, or completed the primary series of J & J vaccine within the last 2 months, and you are asymptomatic, you may participate in all activities at the Club. If you develop symptoms, please stay home. It is recommended you test on Day 5 or later. Test results may be voluntarily submitted to the COVID-19 officer, Cheri Rigby, but it is not required at this time.
- If you have completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 5 months ago and are not boosted, or completed the primary series of J & J over 2 months ago and are not boosted, or are unvaccinated, quarantine away from the Club for 5 days. Test on Day 5, if possible. If you develop symptoms, get a test and stay home.
- The Skating Club of Boston now accepts either PCR or Antigen test results for anyone who is unvaccinated and has flown within the past 7 days.
- Test results are no longer required for close contacts to end quarantine.
- Testing is not necessary to end isolation for positive cases.
COVID-19 Travel Policy
The following safety policy applies to individuals who have traveled by air within 7 days of arriving at The Skating Club of Boston.
- Fully-Vaccinated Individuals* (Either with the Two or Single Dose Vaccines) are exempt from providing COVID-19 test results after traveling by air. However, these individuals must provide a copy of their vaccination card to the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer before entering the Club. Please send a copy of the vaccination card to email@example.com.
- Half-Vaccinated Individuals (A Single Dose of a Two-Dose Vaccine) must provide PCR negative rapid Antigen test results to the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer before entering the Club.
- Unvaccinated Individuals must provide negative PCR or rapid Antigen test results to the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer before entering the Club.
*Please note that per the CDC, a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for everyone ages 12 years and older (Pfizer-BioNTech for ages 12–17; an mRNA vaccine preferred for ages 18 years and older). You should consult with your health professional if you have any questions about what is best for your family.
The good news is that the Omicron variant appears to be peaking in the Commonwealth. If hospitalizations shortly follow, we may very soon be through the worst of this latest surge.