After consulting with the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer, Cheri Rigby, and other professionals, the Club is dialing back some of its COVID-19 Safety Protocols. We believe that the high vaccination rates among our members, relaxation of government requirements for contact tracing, and the near-universal and consistent compliance amongst our membership in wearing masks when required support this move.
Beginning Monday, February 14, 2022:
- Masks will no longer be required of skaters when they are on the ice.
- The Club still recommends that all skaters who are not vaccinated continue to wear their mask while on the ice.
- Coaches who have submitted proof of vaccination to Cheri may also remove their masks while they are on the ice.
- Completion of the Club’s Health Screening Questionnaire will no longer be required.
- Members will no longer need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test after travelling.
Importantly, masks are still required at all times for those of us not skating on the ice, including all skaters and coaches.
Thank you, everyone. Thank you for supporting this and other Club policies, for continuing to persevere through the pandemic, and for supporting each other as you do it.