The Skating Club of Boston, an equal opportunity employer, maintains a long-standing policy of non-discriminatory hiring and employment practices. The Club affirms that it does not discriminate in hiring or any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religious preference, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, participation in any group insurance plan, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Cafe Staff
Reports to: Executive Chef/Café Manager
The Skating Club of Boston is a founding member of U.S. Figure Skating and a primary center for high performance training and recreational skating in the United States. In addition, our Norwood facility has a band new, state-of-the-art event facility. The Event Staff position is an important point of contact for Club members, professional coaches, athletes, board members and visitors.
- Hours will be based on a part-time basis and could be up to 24 hours per week during non-event and competition weeks. During events, weeks’ hours could be up to 45 hours per week. Hours could consist of weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills for communicating with, and motivating, employees in an effort to exceed all customer expectations.
- Execute and/or arrange all menu items and specials with a focus on providing outstanding customer service and quality of product
- All recommendations for improving services and or quality of products need to be approved by the Executive Chef and Café Manager
- Understand and promote the importance of teamwork and communicate how each team member effects the environment and the goals of the operation.
- Possess extraordinary knowledge of all aspects of Customer Service
- Recognize when products or services are not meeting standards and make immediate recommendations to the Executive Chef/Cafe Manager.
- Possess an understanding of the cafe food service environment and the importance of a strong focus on the customers and their needs
- Have the ability to communicate with customers and obtain feedback on ways of customizing the operation to the specified needs of each client. Execute the specified project, which will reinforce our customized food philosophy and in return creating customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Coordinate all preparation & presentation of food within their department.
- Adhere to the food sanitation program and assure that all state and federal regulations are being enforced and company sanitation procedures are being followed
- Have the ability to recognize problems, make recommendations to Executive Chef and Café Manager for approvals and manage their successful resolution
- Keep abreast of new ideas and trends within the foodservice industry by independent research.
- Excellent customer service skills demonstrated by understanding the importance of customer service
and the effect of the good relationships that it promotes.
- Excellent time management and multitasking ability, and the ability to work in a team and alone
- Part-time position with expanded hours during events
- Flexible schedule availability
- There are no benefits with this position