Pursuant to Section 4.5(a) of the By Laws of The Skating Club of Boston, the Board of Directors appointed the following members to serve on the Nominating Committee for the 2021 Annual Election:
- Elliot Schwartz – Chair
- Deveny Deck
- Pinar Gurel
- Chi Man
- Rachel Renton
Each year the Nominating Committee is charged with selecting qualified individuals to serve on the Club’s Board of Directors. Following the recent changes to the Club’s By Laws, the Officers will be elected from within the Board of elected directors instead of being recommended by the Nominating Committee and voted on by the Club’s members.
You are hereby invited to recommend to the Chair of the Nominating Committee the names of eligible members that you wish to propose for consideration for available Board positions. Recommendations are secure, confidential, and a list of those recommended can only be accessed by the Nominating Committee Chair and the designated Club staff liaison. Recommendations are not tied to the member making the recommendation. Per Section 4.5(b) of the By Laws, the Nominating Committee must submit its roster of candidates for the Board of Directors to the Secretary of the Club on or before March 30, 2021. With this deadline in mind, members interested in proposing candidates to the Nominating Committee should do so by March 1, 2021.
A Board member’s responsibilities include:
- Attend all Board meetings
- Fiduciary oversight of the Club’s activities, including review and approval of annual budgets
- Develop and hold the strategic vision for the organization, and ensure that the Club’s mission is supported through the Club’s activities
- Consult with Club Executive Director, and vote approvals in matters of contracts over $25,000 in value, changes or adoption of member rules, and other matters affecting the welfare of the membership
- Act in such a manner as to advise, and where required, give consent, to the Club Executive Director in affairs of the corporation
- Evenly represent the interests of all Club programs in all discussions and strategic decisions
To recommend, the following rules must apply.
- Persons must be 18 years of age or older and a current member of The Skating Club of Boston.
- You may nominate from one to six candidates on the electronic form (link below).
- Please include a list of each candidate’s skills and professional expertise in the “Skills and Professional Expertise” field.
- Please include a description of each candidate’s current role and/or involvement with the Club in the “Current Club Role” field.
- When you have completed the fields on the form, please click the “Nominate” button to submit the form.
- All recommendations will close March 1, 2021, at midnight.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.