With so much in the news of late about the Omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus, I thought it worthwhile to reach out about the Club’s ongoing safety policies.
After consulting with Cheri Rigby, the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer, we currently see no need to relax or tighten the Club’s existing policies. But we do firmly believe that with the rise of Omicron after such an already extended time of vigilance, this is not the time to give in to exhaustion or become complacent with following the important guidelines and rules that are already in place. The holidays are a time of increased domestic and international travel, and the winter months bring us all in closer proximity. The risk of transmission is now as great or greater than it has ever been.
Please review the following summary rules and be sure that you and everyone in your family follow them. Even if any one of us believes that the Omicron variant is not as dangerous as earlier strains, there appears to be no doubt that the omicron variant is highly contagious. We need to be considerate and thoughtful of others in our community who are making their own, and maybe different, risk evaluations with something this contagious.
- Always wear a mask when in the Club facility, and when in close proximity to others in the parking lot.
- Complete the health questionnaire when you come to the Club each day so that we know who has been in the facility and at what time. This is important information for notifying the appropriate members should there be a breakout at the Club.
- Fully-Vaccinated Individuals (Two or Single Dose Vaccines) are exempt from providing PCR test results after traveling by air. However, they must provide a copy of their vaccination card to the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer before entering the Club. Please send a copy of the vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Half-Vaccinated Individuals (Two Dose Vaccines) must provide negative PCR test results to the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer before entering the Club.
- Unvaccinated Individuals must provide negative PCR test results to the Club’s COVID-19 Safety Officer before entering the Club.
- Contact Cheri at email@example.com if you test positive for COVID-19 and have been at the Club.
- Cheri highly recommends that each of us purchase at-home rapid tests to self-test at the sign of any cold or flu symptoms.
- Regardless of government regulations, wear a mask wherever you go in public. They are all our best defense, and we have proof that they work.
- If you are not already vaccinated, please rethink your reluctance or refusal. Your decision affects many others besides yourself. There may also still come a time when the Club might need to require proof of vaccination for use of the Club facilities.
- If you don’t already have your booster vaccination, make it happen as soon as possible.
If you have further questions, you may refer to the Club website or contact Cheri.
As always, thank you for doing your part to help keep everyone in the Club community as safe as possible.